I just read Jessica's post on group work, which sounds like something that would work for my class in theory. In theory, because my classroom is a closet. RJ3. It may very well be the worst classroom in the history of basement-fallout-shelter classrooms. (There aren't even enough chairs. I can barely write on the board.)
Now that the weather is warming up, we can go outside, but that becomes problematic for other, obvious reasons.
Any suggestions for getting my students to engage with each other in a constricted classroom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My 403 is in RJ 3, which is a strange space, though I like the door to the outside. What I really hate about it is the AC/heat which blows like a hurricane in there.
ReplyDeleteI've never tried this, but just thought of: how about assigning them roles to play as "critics": someone to respond as a paranoid postman, someone as a sidewalk preacher, etc.... maybe they need to get out of their own heads a bit.