Anyone else feeling this? My students certainly are. They are dropping like flies! (I've already had 2 people tell me via email they won't be there tomorrow, and 2 more have said they won't be there on Thursday!) I'm trying my best to keep focus, as well, because I want to end the semester on a solid note, even if they've decided creative writing isn't getting their full attention at the end of the semester.
Random question: Has anyone held a (or several) in-class workshops this semester? How did it go? I saved our workshop time for the last few weeks and I'm anxious. Just curious as to how it panned out for the rest of you/worries or concerns that played out in workshop/etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am definitely suffering from non-viral spring fever and just want to go out and garden. In my opinion the semester is a few weeks too long, and it's very hard for everyone to maintain focus at this point. I am sympathetic to the students' who are spring-sick and overburdened with work, but still expect them to come to class; not expecting a whole lot of enthusiasm though. Oh well.
ReplyDelete