Monday, April 20, 2009

Good Morning, Monday!

I woke up to this:

"You may not really remember the name but I’m in
you Creative Writing 200-001 class, I just haven’t been there in a
while. See I’m kind of in trouble because I thought I dropped the
class, but it turns out I actually dropped the wrong class. I’m not
really sure how I messed that up, but apparently it happens more often
than I would have thought. Anyway I know this is at like the last
possible minute, but I just found this out when the professor of the
class I did drop finally noticed the mistake; he hadn’t earlier because
it’s a large class. So now my grade in your class is obviously in
trouble. I really need to keep decent grades though because I’m here on
scholarship and I can’t afford to go here without that scholarship. So
what can I do to try and make up some points to raise my grade? I’ll do
anything at, cram to make up any assignments or tests or extra credit…
really anything, I’m pretty desperate. So please please help me out
here; if there’s anything at all I can do let me know. I’m really sorry
about this bother."


This student hasn't shown up to my EN200 in months. My assumption here is that if she has been going to this other class, then she can have this mistake reversed at the registrar's office, right? That's logical to me. All she would have to do is get the other instructor to vouch for her. Or not. I don't know what to do, because she's getting an F and it's so unfair for me to let her make up work when I won't let my other students. It's her problem, right? Ugh. I'm willing to help, but not at the expense of my other students who have been coming to class consistently.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment